The City of Cordova has allocated $1 million of its CARES Act funding to mitigate the financial impacts of COVID-19 on Cordova residents and businesses. Funds will be issued directly to Cordova residents in the form of a CordovaCash card preloaded with funds to be used exclusively at Cordova-based businesses. The funds will directly impact Cordova’s economy through spending at local businesses.
- Complete an application to ensure CordovaCash cards can be used at your business.
- Make sure your business license is up to date.
- Your business needs credit card processing capability and accept VISA. If not, consider signing up for Square, PayPal or any system that allows use of VISA cards.
- Once approved, a representative of the City of Cordova or Cordova Chamber of Commerce will set up a time to swipe an activation card on your credit card processor so you will be ready to accept CordovaCash cards.
- Complete the application.
- Must have a physical address in Cordova and intend to reside in Cordova through the 2020-21 winter season. May need to confirm residency with utility bill, mail, lease or other document.
- Must indicate how your household has been impacted by COVID-19 health emergency.
- Once approved, CordovaCash cards will be issued in the following increments: $500 for each applicant and applicant spouse/partner, $300 for each dependent. Cards will be distributed by mid-November.
Individuals and businesses can apply online at covid19.cityofcordova.net/cashcards. Applications also are available for in-person pickup at City Hall/Cordova Center Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and in a folder outside the main doors of the Cordova Center. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, City Hall at (907) 424-6200 or Cordova Chamber of Commerce at (907) 424-7260.
The deadline to apply is October 16.