Individuals urged to practice all health precautions to avoid spread of COVID-19
The City of Cordova urges all individuals in the community to be extremely cautious and implement all recommended health precautions following the recent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in our community.
City leaders acknowledge the increase in positive COVID-19 cases raises concern about further community spread. As a precaution, residents and visitors are strongly encouraged to heighten their compliance with the following recommended health precautions:
- Maintain a six-foot distance from others, even when wearing a mask.
- Shrink your social bubble by limiting interactions with those outside of the immediate family or friend group.
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose when in public or around others outside of the immediate family where social distancing is not possible. Wearing a mask in public is mandated by the City.
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize often-touched surfaces.
“Because the virus can be spread unknowingly by asymptomatic individuals, we each have to step up our precautions. We owe it to our family, friends and neighbors,” said City Manager Helen Howarth. “Through our individual action, we have the power to control the spread of COVID-19 in our community.”