The City of Cordova, in conjunction with the Incident Management Team (IMT) and Unified Command, acknowledged the recommendations of the Medical Team and approved Resolution 05-20-20 at its noon special meeting on May 18, 2020.
This Resolution implements within the City of Cordova, ‘Phase 2’ of the State of Alaska’s Reopen Alaska Responsibly Plan. In addition, it implements Alaska Public Health Mandate #18 permitting intrastate (within the state) travel to or from Cordova.
Allowable activities include the following and must adhere to State of Alaska Health Mandate #16 and its attachments D through V:
- Open and expand non-critical businesses with appropriate measures in place.
- Alternative ways of working are encouraged (e.g. remote working, shift-based working, physical distancing, staggering meal breaks, flexible leave.)
- Permissible gathering size increases with adequate preventative measures (e.g. handwash stations and/or hand sanitizer, limits on maximum occupancy for given space, other social distancing preventative measures.)
- Sport and recreation activities are allowed if conditions on gatherings are met, physical distancing is followed, and travel is local.
- Public facilities allowed to re-open, only with adequate public health measures.
- Health services resume normal operations.
All these allowable measures will be closely monitored by the IMT and if data shows worsening conditions there might be a rollback.
Remember these tips and protective measures:
- People at high risk of severe illness (older people and those with existing medical conditions) are encouraged to stay at home where possible and take additional precautions when leaving home. If they choose to work, take similar precautions.
- Physical distancing of 6-ft when outside of home.
- Some public venues to remain closed.
- People advised to avoid non-essential inter-regional travel, voluntary quarantine for any travel recommended.
- Masks slow the spread of coronavirus. Protect each other, our fishery, and our elders by wearing a mask indoors when with non-household members and when you are within 6 feet of others outdoors.