The community is encouraged to control the spread
Cordova Medical Response Team has identified a positive COVID-19 result in patient screening that is considered community spread. The state has been notified and contact tracing has begun. The case will be reflected on the Cordova COVID Dashboard updated tomorrow, 7/27/2020. This makes a total of 12 positive cases identified/resulted in Cordova as of 7/26/2020.
If there is evidence of community spread, community members will be notified immediately. We ask that everyone continues to exercise a high level of caution. It is vital that the Cordova Medical Response team continue to follow HIPAA Guidelines and patient confidentiality be maintained. Information that may compromise a patient’s confidentiality will not be disclosed.
The City of Cordova and local medical experts are in close contact with the State of Alaska and the Department of Health and Social Services to address the influx of cases in this community. The State has offered its support, as needed.
The Cordova Medical Response Team reminds the community it has the power to control the spread of this virus. Each of the following actions is proven to decrease the transmission of COVID-19:
- Wear a face covering over your mouth and nose when in public spaces
- Socially distance by at least 6 feet.
- Self-isolate and use curbside or to-go deliveries.
- Maintain a small, social bubble and only frequent public places when necessary.
- Diligently wash hands Throughout the day.
- Wipe down often-touched surfaces with disinfecting wipes.