On November 15th, in response to Alaska’s burgeoning COVID-19 positive test numbers, Governor Dunleavy issued “HEALTH ORDER NO. 8: Intrastate Travel”. After reviewal of this document, and as “a community on…the Alaska Marine Highway System”, Cordova’s Medical Response Team has decided to align itself with the Governor’s office in making the following recommendations regarding within-state travel at this time.
- Visitors, Don’t Come—If your travel to Cordova isn’t absolutely necessary at this time, please, for the protection of our community, reschedule for a later date.
- Residents, Don’t Go—If your travel from Cordova isn’t absolutely necessary at this time, please, for the protection of our community, reschedule for a later date. (This includes Anchorage).
- Test Before Arrival—Travelers arriving in Cordova are strongly encouraged to possess a negative COVID-19 test result for a test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival OR to show proof of having been COVID positive within the past 90 days AND clearance from isolation by a medical professional.
a. Testing elsewhere within 72 hours prior to arrival in Cordova as opposed to immediately upon arrival in Cordova will help Cordova preserve its limited testing supplies.
- Test After Arrival—Travelers are strongly encouraged to get tested 5 days after arrival in Cordova.
- Quarantine Until Negative—The MRT asks those who do choose to travel at this time to please quarantine from their arrival in Cordova until—at an absolute minimum—a test taken 5 days after arrival is returned negative. During quarantine, do not go into public spaces; have food and supplies delivered to you.